Thursday, July 23, 2009

So I heard that......

Fine line between being naive and being an idiot? What do you do when you are walking that fine line... not knowing on which side to stumble upon or better yet, which side is which. I think we've all faced the dilemma of not knowing what is correct, true, or who we should believe. When you hear something, especially from a REALLY close person, and it is about someone just as dear to you... who/what do you believe? How do you gently set your bruised emotions aside and think with your brain, not your heart. It's like playing with a double edged sword.. throwing it up and waiting to see which side will fall. My problem with " I heard this...." is exactly that. I HEARD. You didn't see.. you weren't there.. but you heard about it. And sometimes that is like playing telephone. Remember when you were a child and you played telephone? And by the time it gets to the end of the line, it is something completely different. So I have a hard time accepting a statement that starts with " I heard..." at face value. But on the flip side.. if what was " heard" was true.. well then, that's a big deal. So just stumbling the line along ...what I feel and logic's reaction to something heard. *sigh* When did it all get so complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment